Its been a little while since my last post, and I'm sorry. So I was sitting here watching the over pay jerk they call "A-Rod" lying right through his teeth about his (drug abuse) steroid use, and it really makes me mad that these players such as "Berry Bonds, A-Rod, Tejada, and who knows who else, they are able to continue to represent our great American past time with just a slap on the wrist. We know all to well that the players will not get much discipline, and its a shame the team such as the "Yankees" is standing by their million dollar player. In the mean time what kind of message are we sending to the young want-a-be athletes. Its OK to break the law just as long as you admit to it latter down the road.
I don't know about you but who would you rather your son or daughter, look to as a role model. Someone who got baned from baseball (Pete Rose) for gambling, which I'm not condoning either, or someone who had broke the law by using illegal drugs? To me its not a hard decision. Well I'm done venting now but I just wanted to share with you my feelings about our now a day sports world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear that!
They say "we aren't your kids role models" Well bull!!!! You are taking those millions and that is one of the things you get paid for. May not be in your contract but it's implied, part of the package.
you want that money, stop cheating, stop the drugs, stop beating your wives/girlfriends and take responsibility for your actions. We don't expect them to be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes but stop acting like it's none of ouor business. Well every fan is where your $$ comes from. You work for us.
Just my 2 cents :)
Post a Comment